On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 11:21:34AM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Or have the testing scripts ignore such dependency problems for contrib

Oh, yeah, that'd be an option, I suppose.

> (haha, no I'm not volunteering).

? The change would be something like:

                for arch in self.arches:
                        con = self.srcsnpkgs[arch].packages
                        if arch not in nobreakarchallarches:
                                con = filter(
                                        self.srcsnpkgs[arch].isnt_arch_all,
                                        con)
+			con = filter(self.srcsnpkgs[arch].is_in_contrib, con)
                        nuninst[arch] = filter(
                                self.srcsnpkgs[arch].is_uninstallable,
                                con)
                return nuninst

with an is_in_contrib() function written in C. It'd mean that when glibc
breaks like it is at the moment, that contrib packages wouldn't get
held back, and would become completely useless to testing uses though,
which I'd be inclined to think wasn't a worthwhile thing to do.

Cheers,
aj