Re: Pine's legal notices; free Pine alternatives?

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Oliver Xymoron wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 04:29:38PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 02:34:29PM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> > > On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 01:22:36PM -0600, Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> was heard to say:
> >
> > >   It's packages with mutt, as /usr/share/doc/mutt/examples/Pine.rc .
> >
> > See?  Makes it even easier for someone to create 'pine-mutt'. :)  Any
> > takers?
>
> I had to tweak that rc quite a bit before I found Mutt even a vaguely
> passable Pine replacement. While I managed to get a mutt/emacs config
> close enough to ween _myself_ off of Pine, I'm still not happy with it
> and I wouldn't dream of suggesting Mutt to the 50-100 users I have who
> still use Pine.
>
> >From a usability standpoint, Mutt is about the worst thing going.

Pine is a pretty non-moving target. Sometimes it looks like pine is in a
different computing universe. PGP integration? Unicode? Ever got a reply
to a patch?

I tried mutt and gave up. Is there a way to organize folders like in pine
or does one have to scrolling up and down day in day out? Etc.

It would help a lot to have a _good_ pine->mutt muttrc.
*t

    ma                  will kill for oil