Re: Migration of non-free packages to testing

> You do realise that Debian *is* associated with them at the moment though,
> right, and will continue to be until a GR is passed to change that?

Yes, of course I realize that.  But if the line between what is in
Debian and what is not is as confusing and difficult to navigate as
you suggest, with there being "Debian packages" on Debian's servers,
but which are "not part of Debian", this all seems like an elaborate
fiction.

So there are two alternatives:

The distinction is real, and important (and thus should be made), or
it's not.  But if it's not, then that is itself an argument for
removing non-free from Debian's infrastructure entirely.