Re: Migration of non-free packages to testing

Josip Rodin <joy@gkvk.hr> writes:

> You would ignore the wishes of non-free .deb users for the sake of sparing
> us of one periodic flamewar? I don't think that's a good ratio. Perhaps if
> dumping non-free would simultaneously add i(5|6|7|8|9|whatever)86
> optimizations to the rest of Debian -- then I might be amenable to that :>

We ignore the wishes of users all the time.  A quick glance at the BTS
shows that packages maintained by you have 129 wishlist bugs open;
about 10% of those have "wontfix" tags.

Nothing is wrong with this; I assume that you make a sensible decision
about which wishes of users to delay, which to follow, and which to
ignore.

Debian is 100% free software, and we consistently "ignore" the wishes
of those users who want us to change that.  We "ignore" those wishes
for a very good reason and not just to avoid a flamewar.