Re: Survey on the use of Debian 2.2 (potato)

Le Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 09:06:31AM -0500, Michael Stone écrivait:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 02:45:14PM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> >Less cynically, I'm very impressed that the security team is taking the
> >step to perform this survey.  It affirms a change within the project of
> >caring for the concerns of users outside the project.
>
> What change? We did the same thing after potato was released.

Nope. At that time, the security team said "potato will no more be
supported in <put a delay here>". And people complained, a new flame
started ...  and they argued about the reasonable delay.

Today, Joey asks for feedback and everyone will have to accept without
flaming when Joey will say "According to the feedback we had most of our
users have already upgraded to woody, potato support will be dropped in
<put a delay here>".

So, there's real progress in avoiding the flames. :-)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com