Re: Accepted manpages-fr 0.9.5-1 (all source)

barbier@linuxfr.org (Denis Barbier) writes:

> > >  A public CVS repository has been set up to help collaborative
> > >  efforts on http://cvsweb.tuxfamily.org/cvs/?cvsroot=manpages-fr
> >
> > please don't fork good work.
> [...]
>
> This repository is used to help managing the manpages-fr Debian
> package, not translations.

i fear this can confuse translators.
you named your project and repositery as manpages-fr whereas
man-pages-fr is the official naming of current translation projects.

as one of the main translators of french man-pages, i would rather
prefer that such a repositery being global for everybody or renamed.

at this stage, you can see at  http://www.delafond.org/traducmanfr/
that debian pages *ARE* translated.

so why reinvent the wheel ?

there's no point in duplicating the work.

there's debian, redhat & mandrake specific sections on gerard site.
a lot of debian pages are *already translated*

i would prefer you reusing the good work we've done in translating a
lot of man pages rather than possibly making people thinking some
pages need a translation that already exists elsewhere.

just pick http://www.delafond.org/traducmanfr/mansupfr.tar.bz2 and
delete conflicting man pages in deb equivalent for rpm's %install

we're all working with and for free softwares.
free documentation is the pending of free software.

it would be stupid to let people work on translations that already
exists.

better centralize the work in one place.

there already exists such a place. it's
http://www.delafond.org/traducmanfr/ that translate non ldp man pages
(aka man pages of all other packages), deb, rh & mdk programs.