Re: Bug mass-filing: Broken packages using errno without including errno.h

Daniel Kobras <kobras@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 11:30:29AM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > FWIW, I just finished fixing this issue in cyrus21-imapd.  You need also
> > kill any re-declarations of errno (extern int errno;), adding the header is
> > not enough.
>
> Err, according to errno(3), 'extern int errno;' is valid ISO C.

Hmm, my version says:

errno is defined by the ISO C standard to be a modifiable lvalue of
type int, and must not be explicitly declared.

The "extern int errno;" in the synopsis is maybe a mit misleading,
perhaps you should file a bug about it to be removed.

--
	Falk