Re: Source Packages?

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 12:39, Steven Hartmann wrote:
> I have been trying to find the source for some of the packages.  I am a recent
> convert from redhat and was looking for something like their SRPM's - is
> there a place to find debian source packages or do I need to go to CVS to get
> it?

The simplest way is:

1. Make sure you have an appropriate source line in
/etc/apt/sources.list; e.g.:

deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

2. cd /usr/src   (or any other suitable directory in which you have
write permission)

3.  apt-get source packagename

The source will then be downloaded into ./packagename-version

Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
     "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their
      strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
      they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk,
      and not faint."            Isaiah 40:31