Re: Possible MIA: Jules Bean? NMUs for LyX and Balsa?

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 04:10:13AM +1100, Andrew Lau wrote:
> Dear Jules,
>
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 02:07:00PM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> > I've put some prerelease i386 1.2.1 debs up at
> > http://people.debian.org/~jules for eager beavers.
>
> Where did you get the xform1 debs that you compiled LyX against?

Umm... I said that in the portion of that paragraph you snipped out!

I quote:

LyX: I compiled 1.2.1 a couple of days ago. As of about now, I've put
some prerelease i386 1.2.1 debs up at http://people.debian.org/~jules
for eager beavers. I haven't done any clever version numbering tricks,
if you do install these you'll need to manually force an upgrade to
the real version when I upload it. You'll need the packages from
http://people.debian.org/~psg/xforms/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :-)

> > manually x set fp+ /usr/share/lyx/xfonts.
>
> Could you please elaborate on what you mean by this?

Typo, sorry.

Should be

xset fp+ /usr/share/lyx/xfonts

This adds that directory (which contains symbolic links to certain TeX
fonts in postscript form) to the X server font path, which means that,
if you are indeed using local fonts (as opposed to font server fonts)
you will be able to see various TeX character as they should be,
rather than as Red Text, or as a 'Symbol' font character approximating
them.

Jules