the anarchism thread [was: is Debian susceptible to trolls?]

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 04:00:15PM +0100, Bart Schuller wrote:
> What a great idea! discussing politics or philosophy on debian-DEVEL.
>
> I could suggest to take it to debian-project, but that would require
> admitting that it's off-topic there as well...

It shouldn't be.  I don't know where the full charter of the list is, or
even if there is one, but according to
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/>, the scope of debian-project
is "discussions about non-technical issues in the project".

So, please, folks -- move the anarchism thread to -project.  That list
is fairly low traffic, and is a much more appropriate forum for what
appears to be a fairly worthwhile opportunity for the Debian Project to
reflect on its identity.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     You could wire up a dead rat to a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     DIMM socket and the PC BIOS memory