Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> writes:
> The only reason not to do that is that Debian Desktop objectives are
> different.  I haven't detected any between the discussions I have seen here
> and kde (I can't comment on gnome)

Note that a lot of the discussion thus far has been about how to cater
to both expert and novice users using the same system.

>From an initial look at Gnome 2, it appears as if Gnome is going for the
`novices only' approach, which I think would never be acceptable for Debian.

-Miles
--
A zen-buddhist walked into a pizza shop and
said, "Make me one with everything."