Re: I've tested the PGI installer

OK, before I rip the thing apart I have some more information:

I get the line "Symbios Logic Inc. / NCR 53c9895" right before the DHCP setup, so I guess that means that the card is recognized. The DHCP fails with this "eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device" and "SIOCGIFINDEX failed: No such device"
then gives me the option for retry/manual/shell.

Putting in manual settings gets me the same error. I dropped to shell, then looked at /var/log/installer.syslog has "SIOCGIFINDEX failed: No such device" for every time I tried the DHCP.

The only 2 logs are /var/log/installer.log and /var/log/installer.syslog.

Now, I am assuming that this is not the same problem as in the 2.2 section of the faq. Seems related to it somehow, but I don't know enough about DHCP to know what's really going on. :(

Hope this helps,
-jorge

jorge o. castro wrote:

Thanks for the links ... it's not the first problem ... I will check the logs.
*Digs out a floppy drive for the machine*