Re: DAM approval wait time?

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 05:34:58PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> I'd like not to quote me out of context like that, especially not when
> cross posting to other lists; for the record, here is what I said:

	My apologies to you on that. I thought that single line in
conjunction with the subject line was powerful enough.

> Why do you think you have pissed him off?  You might obviously had
> with this email, though I am not here to talk for anybody except
> myself.  Also, note that he processes people once in a while -- one
> can argue about the swiftness, but people are actually getting through
> the system.

	And how does he decide who he processes first? I see nothing
on nm.debian.org to indicate why some wait a few months and others a
year or more? A simple line like "Fastracked due to work on installer"
would be perfectly acceptable in dispelling any perceptions of
cronyism.

> | You'd feel the same if you were in the same boat as any other NM
> | who's waited for over 6 months without explanation.
> That's right, I only waited a few months for my account.

	Well I've reached a point where I think I can do no more wrong
by anyone else in NM. It's all one can assume when they haven't heard
anything from anyone for 10 months. You really don't comprehend how
mind-numbing it is to wait out almost an entire year patiently to hear
nothing at all. I just want to force something to happen on this issue
-- anything! If Troup decides solely based upon this outburst of mine
that I do not deserve to have my account approved, then so be
it. However, he should at least have the courtesy of informing the
rest of the Debian and myself. One can only bear so much of being
stone walled like this, and my limit will all but be exhausted within
a month or two. By then, I'm walking.

Yours sincerely,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

* Andrew 'Netsnipe' Lau                   Computer Science & Sturep, UNSW *
*   "apt-get into it"                        Debian GNU/Linux Packager    *
*     <netsnipe(+)debianplanet.org\0>      <alau(+)cse.unsw.edu.au\0>     *
* GnuPG 1024D/2E8B68BD 0B77 73D0 4F3B F286 63F1  9F4A 9B24 C07D 2E8B 68BD *