Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 07:15:17PM -0400, Luke Seubert scribbled:
> On 10/24/2002 12:30 PM, Marek Habersack at grendel@debian.org wrote:
>

> > That "resource intensive" argument is getting a bit worn out, I think.
> > [snip]
> > Times have really changed. People have more memory and cycles for less these
> > days. Sure, there still are people who don't have them but you can't win
> > everything for everyone...
> >

> Times have changed in the rich countries, but in the 2nd and 3rd worlds,
> they are still using low powered computers.  And even in the richer
> countries, a lot of users who may want to try Linux don't want to mess with
I guess you're right...

> their new and powerful Windows XP machine, but might want to try it out on
> and old and creaky Pentium II box they have laying around.
True as well. We should hope Phoenix matures quickly, then :-)

> For all of these users, especially the rapidly expanding user base in the
> less well off countries; Debian Desktop should give some thought to
> supporting at least a few of the lightweight desktop managers.
>
> This is true internationalisation :-)
I withdraw my original statement and sign below what you said. I do hope
somebody can add IceWM/Openbox/Wmaker of whatever other WM support to DeDe.

marek