Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 23:46, Luke Seubert wrote:

> I believe I understand your point.  Is the idea to use a label like "Web
> Browser", instead of a label like "Explorer", or a proper name like,
> "Galeon"?

For what it's worth, the GNOME project is generally pushing for
functional names like "Web Browser", except when a particular project
has significant recognition in the free software community (e.g. Galeon,
Mozilla).  So what they'll do is put the project name in parenthesis
afterwards, like:

Web Browser (Galeon)

This seems like a very reasonable approach IMO.

You'll see this when GNOME 2 hits sid.