Re: [desktop] RFD: Can DeMuDi and Desktop Debian unite kernel development efforts?

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Luke Seubert wrote:

> A possible set of patches under consideration by Debian Desktop is the -ck10
> patchset against the 2.4.19 kernel.  More info about these patches is here:
> http://members.optusnet.com.au/ckolivas/kernel/
>
> An interview with Con Kolivas, assembler of the -ck patches is here:
> http://kerneltrap.org/node.php?id=465
In my opinion there is no reason for subproject efforts here.  Just
build a package with these patches.  This can be done by every
developer or an interested person which is sponsored by a developer.
If you think a subproject could profit from this package (once it
is builded) just recommend it to the relevant people to include it into
the subproject.

The sense of internal project is to handle *existing* packages in Debian
and not to develop special packages.  For instance every subproject is
very interested in debian-installer.  But debian-installer is by no
means a subproject effort in the first line.

Kind regards

          Andreas.