Symlink question

Hello.

Some time ago I found that I can't link qt3 apps on my system, althouth
libqt3-dev was installed.
I found quickly that /usr/lib/libqt.so link was invalid - it pointed to
../../../lib/libqt.so.3.0.5 instead of libqt.so.3.0.5
So I did ln -sf and forgot it.

Some time later libqt3-dev was updated by apt-get.
And link errors started again, again because /usr/lib/libqt.so link pointed
to ../../../lib/libqt.so.3.0.5

I thought that it is a bug it libqt3-dev package.
But I looked into package and discovered that it contains the correct link.
I tried to reinstall the package - and the link was broken again.
It looked quite strange.

The reason of this strange behaviour was that the package contained
/usr/share/qt/lib directory with a symlink libqt.so ->
../../../lib/libqt.so.3.0.5,
and on my system /usr/share/qt/lib was a symlink to /usr/lib. Perhaps I
created this link some time ago (before libqt3-dev started to provide
/usr/share/qt/lib/libqt.so link) to make happy some app that wanted to link
to $QTDIR/lib/libqt.so

The question is - is it ok for dpkg to allow files overwrites in such cases?
I mean, if system contains a symlink that causes different pathnames (from
same or different packages) to become actually the same file, shouldn't
dpkg treat this as an error?
Maybe this should be filed as a bug against dpkg?