Re: Make Debian better (Re: Two Debian 3.0 reviews at Slashdot)

El día 21 oct 2002, Colin Walters escribía:
> On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 03:07, Eduard Bloch wrote:
>
> > Well, a valid large bug report. Lots of things that are really broken from
> > User's point of view. Some of them are already mentioned in the Woody's
> > development, but nobody payed attention (since the typical developer install
> > only once and does not realize how uncomfortable the thing is for the first
> > time user). I suggest to create a "debian-usability" Mailing List, moderated,
> > where users and interested developers can discuss about such issues.
>
> I have been thinking recently about starting a Debian Desktop
> subproject, which is pretty strongly related to what you're talking
> about.  Its main motto would be "Software which Just Works".

 BTW, there is an "essay" (or better said a check list)
 a fiend of mine wrote some time ago proposing just that.

 The URL is http://www.marevalo.net/papers/debian_desktop.html

--
  Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
     jsogo@debian.org