Re: dpkg segfaults

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 11:06:06AM -0500, Adam Stewart Edgar wrote:
> ksymoops is not installed on my box and I cannot install it because
> dpkg can not execute because of the segfault.  Any other suggestions?

ksymoops needs the following aside from the actual oops file:

    - /usr/src/linux/vmlinux
    - /proc/ksyms
    - /proc/modules
    - kernel modules .o files
    - System.map

You can probably copy those over to another machine that's not broken so
you can run ksymoops there. I do not know how accurate the ksymoops
output will be if you only supply the correct System.map and none of the
other "requirements". Anyhow from whatever little I know the kernel
developers will have not much use for an oops that hasn't gone through
ksymoops on the failing machine (or a machine with the failing machine's
above mentioned data) first.

I take it no luck with passing the filesystem through fsck?

 --> Jijo

--
Federico Sevilla III  : http://jijo.free.net.ph      : When we speak of free
Network Administrator : The Leather Collection, Inc. : software we refer to