Re: Proposed solution to spam problem on Debian mailing lists (and bts)

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 12:46:55AM -0700, Blars Blarson wrote:

> What I propose is a sort of moderation by self-appointed committee.
> Software would pass any obvious non-spam along (signed by debian
> developer or low spamassassin score) then hold anything else for
> review.  Reviewers would log in to a web page, and messages would be
> displayed with choices of spam, non-spam, inappropriate for list, and
> undecided (give to someone else).

"inappropriate for list" is a dangerous power to give to random
volunteers.  I think this is out of scope for a discussion of spam
prevention.

Otherwise, I have no particular objections, though the obvious obstacle
is the actual implementation.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer