Re: ITP: Intel e1000 gigabit NIC driver kernel module

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 04:06:36PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
I realise we're talking about a package with a limited lifespan, but
consider that the standard kernel for woody was still 2.2 with the option
of 2.4.  I think it's safe to suggest that sarge will not be using 2.6 or
3.0 or whatever they wind up calling it as its primary kernel.

Maybe not, but it ought to be using the latest 2.4 kernel, which will
have the intel driver in it by the time sarge is released. Given the
choice between choosing a kernel with the driver included as opposed to
an older kernel without the driver and a hideous (difficult for users)
module package, I'd suggest choosing the kernel with the driver
included.

Mike Stone