Re: SpamAssassin now used to filter BTS Mail

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 20:40, Josip Rodin wrote:
> # the following ones are scored negative as of spamassassin 2.31-1
> score DEAR_SOMEBODY     1

yes, I changed that too.

> score SUPERLONG_LINE    1
> score NOSPAM_INC        0

and these two as well...

> score SIGNATURE_SHORT_DENSE     0
> score NO_REAL_NAME      0

and these two as well, since they produced quite a lot of false negatives in
the default configuration for me.

> # no need to favour the mailing list posts
> score X_MAILING_LIST    0
> score X_LOOP            0

yes, changed that as well (ok, it gets boring I know ;-))

> # "if you do not wish to receive any more", only 0.365 by default
> score EXCUSE_10         2

that seems really sensible, especially for a mailing list where there's no
risk of missing legitimate newsletters, which often contain this phrase.

Something I tweaked along similar lines was,

score NIGERIAN_TRANSACTION_1         3.0  (only 1.460 by default)
score NIGERIAN_TRANSACTION_2         2.5  (ony 0.070(!) by default)

With the default configuration these mails were always way below the
threshold, the test itself being absolutely reliable however.

cheers,
Yven

PS: my complete user_prefs can be found here:
http://fastpage.dyndns.org/~leist/spamassassin-prefs

--

Yven Johannes Leist - leist@beldesign.de
http://www.leist.beldesign.de