Re: Spam: process the web archives?

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 05:46:46PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
>> For the good of our subscribers, we should not allow our lists to be gated
>> to newsgroups. Does not Debian have the authority to forbid such thing?
>
> Christoph Lameter was asked years ago to stop gating our mailing lists
> to newsgroups, and he adamantly refused.

I guess I should let you know that (nearly) all the lists are gated
(and archived) at GMANE <URL:http://gmane.org/>.  I for one use it for
(nearly) all mailing lists I read and would consider it a great loss
(personally) if it should stop carrying the Debian lists.

What also should be mentioned is that it supports encrypting and
TMDA-protecting the e-mail adresses, see
<URL:http://gmane.org/tmda.php> for details.  Would it be an idea to
enable this for all Debian lists?  And retroactively encrypt the
archive, if that's possible.

--
ilmari