Re: Spam: process the web archives?

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 10:28:44AM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> Hi,
>   Many people noticed the increasing level of spam these
>   days. I do consider that the web archives of the debian
>   lists help spammers a lot since they provide email
>   addresses as is.
>   I would suggest that we process the web archives, rewriting
>   every email address so that they can no longer be used by
>   spammers.

I subscribed to this list so that I could package a spam filter that I
wrote.  The tremendous volume of spam that I now receive (10+ messages per
day vs. 2.5 last month) serves to help train the filter better.  As a matter
of fact, my filter now knows words in several languages instead of just
English.  See, Debian is actually doing me a service by making lists open to
non-subscribers and posting my email address unobfuscated.  I should be

MSCE: Must Call Someone Experienced