Bug#164490: ITP: dictionary-el -- Dictionary Client for Emacs
* Package name : dictionary-el
Version : 1.8.3
Upstream Author : Torsten Hilbrich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : http://www.myrkr.in-berlin.de/dictionary/
* License : GPL
Description : Dictionary Client for Emacs
dictionary-el is a DICT (RFC 2229) client for (X)Emacs, with support
for brace-delimited cross references and UTF-8-encoded entries.
Rationale: While this package might not be as general as lookup-el, it
has some key advantages over the latter:
* Because it only supports the one protocol, it is several times smaller.
* Its documentation is in English rather than Japanese, making the package
accessible to a wider audience.
* It doesn't insist on interpreting non-ASCII characters as Japanese.
Aaron M. Ucko, KB1CJC (amu at alum.mit.edu, ucko at debian.org)
Finger email@example.com (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.