Re: Warning to Debian Developers regarding BitKeeper

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 09:22:28AM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Because Bitkeeper is, at the moment, the only tool which works reasonably
> well for kernel development (100% decentralized operation, support file
> renames, remember merge operations reliably, et al.)

arch theoritically does all of that two.

Only it isn't 100% reliable right now.

eg. for file renames, it marks the file as renamed in
each "patch" version, but fails to rename the file.

I sometimes wonder what breakage this is going
to cause when the problem gets fixed...
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>