Re: Who are the guys responsible for testing?

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 05:06:04PM +0200, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> > Read the new and improved testing web page, too, it might even answer your
> > questions :)
>
> It doesn't yet answer two of my questions which I guess are probably FA:
>
> - No build daemon for the [foo] architecture has tried to build [mypackage],
>   even though I uploaded it [long time] ago. How do I get the [foo] build
>   daemon to attempt to build [mypackage]?

Okay, I suppose the answer to this question is to email the respective port
mailing list, or the mailing list of the respective buildd maintainers, and
ask them to reschedule it. Right?

> - According to update_excuses, percolation of [mypackage] to testing is
>   stalled because it it out of date on the [foo] architecture. When I look
>   at the [foo] build daemon logs, a succesful build was done [long time
>   ago]. What happened to that build?

It waits for the buildd maintainers to upload the successful build, right?
In which case, the solution is the same as the above.

Of course, both solutions can be replaced by being a bit more patient,
because buildd maintainers do these things anyway eventually...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.