Re: How to create a feed?

Oliver Kurth <oku@masqmail.cx> writes:

> On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 09:03:03PM -0400, Derrell.Lipman@UnwiredUniverse.com wrote:
>> I would like to create a private apt/dpkg source with some local
>> applications for which I have created .deb files.  I've tried to search the
>> Debian web site for what makes up a feed, but the search capability isn't
>> working and I haven't been able to find it.
>
> See
> man dpkg-scanpackages
> man dpkg-scansources

Thanks.  I'll check those out.

>> Where can I find the directory structure and required files for creating an
>> ftp feed (and, if different, for creating an ssh feed)?
>
> We have ssh feeds?

It seems so, although I've never seen one.  From "man sources.list"...

       rsh
       ssh    The  rsh/ssh  method method invokes rsh/ssh to con­
              nect to a remote host as a given  user  and  access
              the  files. No password authentication is possible,
              prior arrangements with RSA  keys  or  rhosts  must
              have been made.  Access to files on the remote uses
              standard find and dd commands to perform  the  file
              transfers from the remote.

Derrell