Re: RFC: some new deb package flag: "upgrade-conflicts"

Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org> immo vero scripsit:

> Actually i like the idea of providing "postinst" and "postrm" scripts
> for the users, too. I could have used this for galeon, although the
> wrapper was there anyway and the cleaner solution.

I'd guess that would be nice.

Formalizing a place where user homedir upgrading scripts might be
a start.

We currently don't provide any control over dotfiles found in
user home directories, and we leave any conflicts as they happen.
I'd like some kind of scripting system.

something like upgrade-dotconf program,
which runs everything it finds under
/usr/lib/upgrade-dotconf/[dot-conf upgrade checking programs] ?

;)

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4