Re: dpkg-reconfigure and init scripts

Hi,

> I have a problem with init scripts in packages and dpkg-reconfigure:
> dpkg-reconfigure repeats the install process, so at the end it runs
> /etc/init.d/<name> start

I suppose you are using debhelper. debhelper will unconditionally start
the daemon in the postinst and stop it in the prerm (which is good for
packages not using debconf). You will need to call dh_installinit with
the -n option for now, and add the relevant code to the
{pre,post}{inst,rm} scripts yourself.

Joey, do you think you could teach debhelper an alternate code fragment
for the postinst if it finds a .config script for the package?

   Simon

--
GPG Fingerprint: 040E B5F7 84F1 4FBC CEAD  ADC6 18A0 CC8D 5706 A4B4