Re: Debian needs more RSS/RDF-news tickers

On Sun, 2002-09-29 at 01:09, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:
> Here is more information about RSS/RDF and all software that can interpret
> RSS-feeds.
> http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~juhtolv/links/bk2site/html/H-N/INTERNET/WWW/RSS/index.html
> I especially want to see AmphetaDesk as Debian-package.
> We already have some news tickers for Gnome- and Debian-panels and
> Nautilus can interpret RSS-feeds, too. But what we need is stand-alone
> software for reading RSS-feeds.

(note that Nautilus 2 has removed the RSS component)

I'm currently packaging Straw (www.nongnu.org/straw), but it is awaiting
python-gnome2 to be packaged before it can be uploaded.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com
                                           jabber: ross@nerdfest.org