Role of Debian-private

> Debian have no public meeting place.
>
> d-devel? Developers are not subscribed per default, and the focus is
> software development, not the Debian project.

D-private is the wrong way to contact debian developers.
D-private is to discuss things that shouldn't be made public, such as
internal quarrels of developers.
Using it to reach all debian developers is abuse.

Any DD should be free to "unsubscribe" from generic discussions;
If the topic you are talking about is so important it affects every DD,
debian-devel-announce probably is the right thing.

The "public meeting place" IS debian-devel.
"Public meeting" also means that someone can leave it.

I do not see the need for a debian-developers-only list for discussion.

Especially your "Secret discussions" thread is abuse of -private IMHO.
There is NO reason to restrict it (neither the logo discussion) to
debian developers only.

Greetings,
Erich

--
        erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
                Those who understand binary and those who don't