Re: RFC: dropping alsa-0.5 support

On Sun, 2002-09-22 at 15:12, marco trevisani wrote:
> With the DeMuDi project we are trying to:
> - make discover to work with ALSA rather then oss.
> (this could go into end of November 0.9 DeMuDi release)

I don't know what your target is for this, but it might be prudent to
put off the discover work for now.  Discover 2 is going to be released
Real Soon Now, and it will be a lot easier to support ALSA in discover 2
than in discover 1.

Then again, you might not, if you're doing woody-based DeMuDi work, or
if you're not inclined to wait for us.