RFC: dropping alsa-0.5 support

Hi,

I'm currently trying to fix ALSA packages a bit and the second NMU of
the saga just got installed in the archive.

I'm just taking care of alsa-utils, alsa-lib and alsa-driver for now,
but I *may* do alsa-modules at some point.

There's still alsa-*-0.5 packages around. The question is, do we still
want them? They are unsupported versions by alsa-project now, and they
are just collecting bugs. I think 0.9 works more or less ok at this
point, and 0.5 could be just dropped from Debian.
What to do with packages that depend on libasound1, too? Does anyone
know if alsa-lib 0.5 is source compatible with 0.9?

Thanks,
Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/