Re: Clarification

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 10:55:03AM -0700, David N. Welton wrote:
> You could find a free software project where people are less
> antagonistic, and where a helpful, work-oriented attitude like yours
> would be appreciated.  Contrary to popular opinion, there are quite a
> few of them.

This attitude will make Debian to implode; do you know this?

It's not possible that any help offered is treated as a sort of personale
attack or an intent to cut one off his status (do we have one?).

The problem to me is that many Debian developers thinks they have reached some
sort of status/level within the community and handle this as their best jewel:
they have to defend it, and not let it to be stealed by the new entries or
other malicious people.
The worst thing is that even becoming a member seems to be a status, and so
bugs became attacks etc...

We should adopt some sort of self moderation system or perhaps... are we
adopting the one that makes the best voluteer to leave?

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have