Re: Accepted po-debconf 0.2.2 (all source)

Adam Heath wrote:
> Another member in the deb?  It's still going to be ar/tar based, but there
> will be no required order(except for debian-binary being first).

Putting anything but the control file first is just gonna slow common
operations down.

(And I don't even want to _think_ about upgradability. The current
format is pretty extensible and has never changed, I hope you have
sufficient reason for changing it now.)

> I was basically throwing this out there, to see if anyone could come up with a
> better, more efficient way.

I can't, really. Adding a new tarball just contains the locales tree, it
doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

--
see shy jo