Re: Caught 'em!

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 13:09, David Brigada wrote:

> What is the purpose of this in Debian-Devel?  This is a forum regarding
> issues relating to the development of Debian, not a tabloid news
> publication.

I see the point you are making, but (just speaking for myself) I was
actually quite interested to see the issue Bruce raised.

Of course we don't want debian-devel to degenerate into a general open
source forum, and its focus should remain on Debian development issues,
but the issue Bruce raised is probably quite important to Debian
development in general.

I suspect the reason Bruce turned to debian-devel to witness the
document may also have something to do with the fact that it's a good
place to quickly find a bunch of like-minded, technically competent
people with enough understanding of the implications of the document to
be willing to act immediately and later stand by their statements of the
event.

He needed expert witnesses in a hurry in case they pulled the doc, and
many DDs were happy to oblige.

Just my thoughts.

Jonathan Oxer
Ph +61 3 9723 9399 / Fx +61 3 9723 4899