Re: Caught 'em!

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 16:34, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

> Well, not to accuse you, but we cant witness the origin of that document,
> you could have made it up. There is no legally binding digital signature on
> it.

I think part of the idea of witnessing it was that a number of
independant people downloaded it from the specified site, and unless
Bruce has done something extreme like hack the DNS or perhaps the web
server the witness can testify that a file with that checksum came from
that specific site.

Jonathan Oxer
Ph +61 3 9723 9399 / Fx +61 3 9723 4899
GPG key: http://www.ivt.com.au/gpg/jon.oxer.gpg