Re: NMU'ing for wishlist bugs? (aka: intent to NMU bind9)

* Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a (jfs@computer.org) wrote:
> Why do I ask this? Because if zone information is standard between name
> servers (and I believe it is) there's no point on having that
> configuration at /etc/bind since I might want to un-install bind and
> install maradns (for example) while preserving my zone configuration. Is
> it possible currently? No. Would it be neat? Yes. Does dynamic allocation
> of the uid hinder this? Yes.

Dynamic allocation of the uid does not hinder this, not having a
package-independent directory for zone files is what causes the
hindrence, if anything.  Names exist so you don't have to know the uid.
It's a pretty simple operation to create the user if it doesn't exist.
Everyone just needs to agree on where the zone files are going to be (if
they're really capable of working in any DNS server setup...) and the
*name*.  *Not* the uid.

	Stephen