Re: Work-needing packages report for Sep 6, 2002

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Michael Stone wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 08:31:37PM +0200, Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists wrote:
> >	-> move into "unmaintained" or "contrib"
>
> That's not what contrib is, unless you're using redhat.
>
> This is, of course, ignoring the archive of past distributions, which
> will continue to carry packages that are removed from later releases.
> Not that the FUD-mongers want to pay attention to that.

To (re)+iterate:

* quality vs. quantity - both have some importance
* ease of installation (-> quality). It's clear that I _can_ get whatever
  I want from _somewhere_ but that lessens the _quality_ of the experience
  _I_ as a user have. To be able to apt-get is one of Debian's qualities
  that is highly respected - there a reason for that.
*t

         Tomas Pospisek
         http://sourcepole.ch
         Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11