Re: Work-needing packages report for Sep 6, 2002

On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 20:08, Michael Cardenas wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 06:28:16PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
[...]
> If no developer in 2 or 3 years has looked at the wnpp and said "hey,
> I want to maintain this package" there's a good chance that they are
> not using these packages for a reason.
>
> And of course, if we do remove the package and someone objects, then
> we can put it back in.

How about, instead of removing the pkgs, moving them into a special
'unmaintained' section? So the pkgs would still be available, but
browsing the pkgs list it becomes clear that no support is to be
expected when problems arise.

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                           http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

NOTICE: subkey signature! request key 92082481 from keyserver.kjsl.com