Re: Building against testing [was Re: "Recompile with libc6 from testing" <-- doesn't help i think!]

I believe build daemons should ideally compile against "the most stable
development packages which produce right dependencies for sarge".

Examples:

* If package foo depends on libc only, it should be ok to compile it
under stable (I do this with many of the packages I maintain,
and since it is obviously not a bug that a package in testing runs
under stable's libc, it would be a good idea if autobuilders tried
to do the same, when it is possible to do so).

* If package bar depends on libfoo, we have libfoo1 in stable and libfoo2
in testing, it should be ok to compile it under testing (no need to compile
it under unstable).

* Only if package bar depends on libfoo, we have libfoo1 in stable and
testing and libfoo2 in unstable, it is *really* required to compile it
under unstable.

If we had a way to do this, it would be worth to consider doing it, at least
in the final stages of a freeze, when testing is near to be released.