Re: dh_make debian/rules clean target

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Peter Makholm wrote:
> Am I the only one considering autoconf broken because of this?

Yes :-)

> Wouldn't it had been better if there were some way for the operating
> system to provide these informations to configure instead of demanding

Since you cannot really hardcode a path inside the configure script without
all sort of headaches, I very much doubt this will be ever done.

Autoconf is more of a workaround for the fact that not everyone uses
GNU-based systems :-P  than anything else.  This limits it a LOT.

(Yes, I am using a skewed PoV in this reply, on purpose).

  Henrique Holschuh