Re: autoconf weirdness

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 10:24:02AM -0400, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> It almost looks like you invoked an Autoconf macro that swallowed
> a lot of input text.  What is in your configure.in (or
> configure.ac)?

I am just using the configure.in from the Debian package.

I made a small change to Makefile.am, and I want that
change to appear in Makefile.in.

However, just typing in "automake" results in a Makefile
that is not useable, presumably because the autoconf version
is too old or something.

> Are you using Autoconf 2.13 or 2.53?

I just typed in

aclocal -I m4
autoconf

It seems to have used version 2.53 (see header at top), but I don't know
why...

It has at the top:

AC_PREREQ(2.13)               dnl Minimum Autoconf version required.

How do I force version 2.13 to be used?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>