Re: Work-needing packages report for Sep 6, 2002

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	If I were a user of the package, I would much rather have the
>  package in Debian open bugs and all rather then not have it in at all
>  -- it is not as if the bugs shall be fixed any faster if the package
>  were thrown out.  And, as long as it is in, someone may find it wirth
>  while to fix some of these bugs.

Well of course you would. OTOH, what if you were not yet a user of the
package and were searching the packages in debian for a package to meet
your needs. Wouldn't you rather know then that every packages listed is
well-maintained, and has its bugs repsonded to in a reasonable
timeframe? In other words, wouldn't you like to know that debian has a
high overall standard of quality?

(There's perhaps something to be said for the old use of contrib as a
dumping ground for packages that were not of good enough quality to go
into the main distribution.)

--
see shy jo