Re: Work-needing packages report for Sep 6, 2002

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:45:24 +0200 (CEST)
tomas p <tpo2@sourcepole.ch> wrote:

> > I think it is a good idea to remove packages without
> > any responsible soul behind it.
> I still do not understand what exactly the problem of an unmaintained
> package is. That it's unmaintained? So what?

Try looking at pages like:

and see how many bugs are open and not getting fixed.

Bugs just get open, and not get closed, even if they are trivial errors.
I tried to NMU them if they are open for more than 100 days, but
that doesn't really scale.

The problem being that the my buglist is getting unmaintainably large...

dancer@debian.org  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer