Re: NMU'ing for wishlist bugs? (aka: intent to NMU bind9)

begin  Turbo Fredriksson quote on Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 08:06:30AM +0200:
>     Mark> Really, the most
>     Mark> troublesome part of setting it up automatically is that you
>     Mark> have to tell syslog to put a socket in the chroot's etc.
>     Mark> See http://cryptio.net/~ferlatte/config for a step by step
>     Mark> example.
>
> Say what? I didn't do this (the syslog part), and it still sends stuff
> to the syslog... I'm running v9.2.1-3.

I'll be damned... I swear that I needed that to get things working, but
I just checked, and you're totally right.

Well, that's cool.  It's even easier to run bind9 in a chroot, then, if
the package maintainer wanted to set it up that way... it wouldn't
require any other packages to change their configuration.