Re: Work-needing packages report for Sep 6, 2002

On Monday 09 Sep 2002 9:02 pm, tomas p wrote:

> IMHO the mechanisms to assure quality are already in place. I don't think
> other mechanisms for this particular (non-)problem are needed.

The idea - to make people who use packages adopt them - is perhaps a good one
though. Maybe if orphaned packages came with a clear "Adopt Me" message
attached somehow after a certain period, so people who use them will notice
the package is not being maintained and perhaps be moved to adopt it.