Re: iputils-ping vs. netkit-ping

Gustavo Franco <stratus@acm.org> writes:

> On Sat, 2002-09-07 at 16:27, Gerhard Poul wrote:
>> While you're at it... what about replacing the standard ftp client
>> with the BSD one which has a much nicer interface? (percentage
>> complete download bar, ...)

> ftp> hash
> Hash mark printing on (1024 bytes/hash mark).

Thats not what I would call 'percentage complete download bar'. It is
nearly useless when you file is largen than 2MB and it fills the
screen with hash-marks.

(Well, last time I used hash I still didn't use X a lot.)

--
 Peter Makholm     |    According to the hacker ethic, the meaning of life
 peter@makholm.net |            is not Friday, but it is not Sunday either