Re: [PHP] Placement of PHP programs?

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 02:03:36PM +1200, Nick Phillips wrote:
> It does appear that packages have been gradually shying away from putting
> stuff into /var/www directly, in favour of tactics such as you mentioned
> (sticking everything they need in /usr/share somewhere and providing and
> apache config-chunk to be included by your httpd.conf as appropriate. This
> is a Good Thing, but I don't think we've arrived yet.

Can we have (if it is feasible and useable) a
/etc/apache/http.d/
directory?

So packages can put config files there?

Of course, I haven't yet considered virtual hosts...

It should be possible for the system adminstrator to
override this if required (so a webmail package
will only work for one virtual host, for instance).
Brian May <bam@debian.org>